My very first popsicle making adventure. I pretty much winged this recipe based on what I had on hand. Mangoes are one of the few fruits I do eat willingly. Otherwise, I dislike most fruits. Growing up in India, mangoes were the one thing I looked forward to all summer long. It’s a shame that the mangoes you get in the US don’t even come close to the taste and variety you get in India. While I miss the mango season back home I had to make do with what is available here. My choice – Champagne Mangoes – they are the only variety that I like here. These are my favorite and my kids love them too. I decided to experiment with making popsicles this time for the kids…Here’s what you’ll need
- Ripe Mangoes – 337 g (about 4)
- Fage Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt – 140 g or 5 oz
- Milk Full Fat – 3 oz
- Honey – 2 TB (Optional or to taste)
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 pinch (optional)
- Indian Saffron – 1 strand (optional)
- Blend everything together.
- Adjust the sweetness, if needed.
- Pour it into popsicle molds (Next time I’ll use a funnel as this was messy for me)
I got enough for little over 6 molds. My kids don’t care for coconut anything. You can substitute any milk based on preference.
Both my kids loved it!