- Ground Beef 93/7 lean – 1.08 lb (that’s what I had)
- Red Onions very finely chopped – 53 g
- Chopped Frozen Spinach – 5 oz
- Coconut Oil – 7g (1/2 TB)
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Cheddar Cheese Shredded – 2 TB
- Egg Large – 1
- Taco seasoning – to taste
- Salt – to taste (I used a pinch)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté together – garlic, onion and spinach – till mixed well and water is evaporated.
- Make sure before mixing everything that the ingredients are in room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together till they are well amalgamated. Try not to mash too much.
- I made 21 – 1 oz meatballs.
- Spray a baking sheet, place meatballs equidistant and bake them covered with aluminium foil (I like to cook covered as it prevents drying out) for 15-20 minutes. Meatballs should reach a temperature of 160 degrees.
Meatballs came out juicy but, next time I’ll have to use little more seasoning and little more cheese. Let’s hope my kids eat it.
Update: Kids didn’t seem to relish the meatballs. Couple of things to fix next time.
- Use slightly less spinach
- Definitely Add more seasoning
- Bake less than 20 mins. Maybe, 15 mins will be enough.